Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Whale Watching Batch Two

Click any image for a larger view. The second batch from my March 6 whale watching trip.

A pretty good tail shot of a humpback getting ready to dive deep.


A second later...


This is a side fin or flipper, as this humpback is actually rolling over sideways! Another first for me to see. It looked like the whale was waving at us.


At least two whales here. This group of whales was quite large, and very uninhibited by our boat's presence. We got close enough at one point to smell whale breath, which smells rotten, and unpleasant.


There are three whales in this photo.

9 Comments:

Blogger ° said...

both sets of shots look great. dolphins do too.

1:28 PM  
Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Oh! I got tears in my eyes, so beautiful!

3:14 AM  
Blogger Robert McLaughlin said...

Good work on the photos, Scott. It's difficult to get the timing just right on these shots, but they look great!

9:51 PM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

Great photos and love the glimpse of these amazing creatures. Thanks!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Twisselman said...

Whales are awesome. Looks like it was a great trip.

12:53 PM  
Blogger david santos said...

what a good pictures you have! Thank you

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw very similar photos of a turd in a bowl and felt like crying.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Valeriannah said...

How Cool Scott! I love your Dolphin and Whale shots! All the rest are awesome too. I was able to watch some Humpies when I was deep sea fishing in Alaska. An Orca swam directly under our boat. Scared the you know what outta me. Nice new Blog! I'll be back to visit again soon.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Ele ^_^ said...

Great and intersting photos.. congratulation! ^_^

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home