Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Whales Batch One

Click any image for a larger view. These are photos from my March 6 whale watching trip. The third photo down is a breaching humpback whale, which is my first live experience seeing a breaching whale. Wonderous!

Two humpback whales.


A humpback going for "a sound" which is a deep dive, so the tail comes out of the water sometimes. Fun to see.


A whale spout!


Breaching! Incredible to experience. I saw two breaches, and got one captured in a photo!


Another tail shot.

4 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Love the dolphin and whale shots. I need to get out that way sometime to witness this myself.

8:24 PM  
Blogger J.Crysallis said...

Beautiful images! I bet it was so much fun!

11:55 AM  
Blogger SILVER KNIGHT said...

pretty cool pics!

6:17 PM  
Blogger soulbrush said...

i adore whales and have seen them off the coast of cape town. they are called the southern right whales in south africa, but a different name elsewhere.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home